The Elders will be going to Las Vegas for the 2023 elders trip. We will fly out on September 11, 2023 and return on September 15, 2023. We will be staying at the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino on Freemont Street. Because of space and rooms reserved at the hotel, elders will have to room with another elder or spouse. Unless there is space there will no single rooms. If you would like to room with a specific person, please let Cheryl Miller or Danielle Folz know when you sign up.
The refundable deposit of $100.00 is due by June 20, 2023 and paid in the accounting department at the tribe. We will began accepting deposits on May 22, 2023. After 90 people sign up, we will put names on a waitlist. No partial payments will be accepted.
As a reminder here is the criteria for deposits, spouses under 55 and paid caregivers:
- Elder Spouses Elder spouses aged 55 years and older: are eligible to participate in trips for free. They must pay the required deposit, which will be returned to them during the trip. However, they will not be eligible for a meal stipend.
- Elder Tribal Spouses: who have been married for at least 10 years may attend without their Tribal member spouse, if space and budget allow
- Non-Elder Spouses: Non-Elder spouses will be responsible for paying half the cost of the trip, not including meals. The funds must be paid by the deposit deadline prior to the trip. They will not be eligible for a meal stipend and the payment is non-refundable
- Elder Caregivers: Only Elders who require a daily caregiver are eligible to have them accompany the Elder on the trip. Caregivers are defined as those who are being paid to care for an Elder, such as a Chore Service worker. The caregivers will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit towards the cost of the trip. They will not be eligible for meal stipends. All caregivers must sign a contract prior to the trip acknowledging their caregiving responsibilities and agreeing that if they do not fulfill the duties, they may be required to re-pay the Program for the cost of the trip. Because space is limited on the trips, Elders requiring a caregiver may be limited. If the staff believe an Elder may be too fragile to participate in the trip, they may be asked to provide a caregiver or participate in a more appropriate, shorter trip
- Elder Deposits: A deposit may be required to secure a reservation. The deposit will be returned to the elder during the trip. If an elder reserves a slot and does not go on the trip the deposit will not be usually returned unless there was a severe illness or family emergency. If an elder forfeits a deposit (not due to illness or family emergency) for a reservation and the Tribe had to pay for the reservation the elder will only be considered for the wait list on future trips.
If you have any questions please contact Cheryl Miller at 360-297-9665 or Danielle Folz at 360-297-9662. Thank you and we are looking forward to a great trip!