Child & Family Services: Foster Care
Program Manager: Ciarra Hanna
Foster Care provides loving, stable homes to children in need while ensuring appropriate services to foster families, enabling them to meet the needs of the children in their care.
Our purpose is to license homes on the Port Gamble S’Klallam reservation and in Kitsap County to provide nurturing homes for children to be able to escape from homes in the Tribal community that are plagued by violence or addiction.
The Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe is the first tribe in Washington state to be recognized and approved to license and operate its own foster care program.
- Recruitment and outreach of new foster and/or respite homes within the community.
- License new foster/respite home, including conducting home studies and background checks as well as helping to provide the required training.
- Supportive services for foster parents and kinship families.
- Advocacy for foster/kinship families
- Foster Care Rate Assessments
- Referrals for services