Children & Family Services through their Family Assistance Program is opening applications to determine eligibility for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, November 6, 2023. Those who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications are available for download. They can also be picked up from the Front Desk.
To qualify for a LIHEAP allotment, applicants must:
- Meet the Median Household Income requirements (details in the application)
- Complete the application completely
- Provide PGST Enrollment number and Social Security number for the head of household
- Provide employment wage stubs, child support payments, and/or stipends/Treaty income for everyone in the household over the age of 18
- Provide any award letters from Social Security and/or retirement pension for 2022 for anyone in the household over the age of 18
- Note any adults in the household with no income.
- Provide current Puget Sound Energy (PSE) bill and/or water bill (PGST Utilities invoice). Eligibility for each program will be determined separately. An application for both programs does not impact your allotment amount for either program.
Return completed application and all necessary documentation to the Children & Family Services drop box or via email to Kathy Purser-Sullivan at email@example.com. Contact Kathy with any questions at 360-297-9652.