Child & Family Services: Together for Children
Together for Children creates a system of support for Port Gamble S’Klallam families expecting or raising young children that allows them to be successful in parenting emotionally and physically vibrant children who will flourish in life!
Together for Children understands every family can use some support and is a great resource for those who are:
- Expecting a child
- Parenting children from birth to age 3 (enrolled before age 1) that are
- Grandparents, aunts, uncles, foster parents, and other caregivers.
- In need of extra support
- In need of help getting their child ready for school
Together for Children pairs each family with a trained home visitor that assists with:
- Personal visits to discuss parenting concerns and answer any questions.
- Creating group connections, including facilitating fun events and helping to connect with other caregivers with small children. This provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers to learn, make friends, and support one another.
- Developmental screening to detect and quickly address any possible challenges related to hearing, vision, or learning.
- Building resource networks to identify community resources to help each family reach their goals.
Together for Children is made possible through a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families—Affordable Care Act (ACA) Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program.